We’re proud to have directed the Sembcorp Climate Change Strategy launch video produced by Communication for Development. With Asia’s insatiable demand for energy commitments, Sembcorp’s target to tackle climate change is a welcome step in the right direction. Animation provided an engaging and cost-effective way of delivering the message…
Key steps towards making this animation video:
- Client sent through policy doc / brief
- We turned a 50 page document into 90 sec script
- Created a shot-list (explaining what each shot will contain)
- Created a style guide/mood board – suggested various animation styles in 2D animation
- Created a story board consisting of still image for each shot
- Recorded the voice-over with voice-over artist
- Animation work
Benefits of animation:
“Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. This facility makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation” Walt Disney
Animation offers the ability to bring any concept – no matter how complex or out of this world (literally!) – to life. It strikes a wide range of emotional tones and is particularly useful for simplifying difficult or statistic-heavy subjects effectively.
- You can visualise abstract concepts by combining animation, text/stats on screen and voice-over
- You have complete control of the image
- You can multiple the amount of info in a short space of time through use of 3 elements
- Easily capture hard-to-represent ideas on a screen without constraints.
- Works very well for corporates, statistics and targets
- You can connect emotionally by using simple, almost child-like animation combined with text to reveal relevant info
- Media-right; use of movement, music, sound effects, visual elements, etc
Production techniques of this film:
- Voice-over artist
Let us know your thoughts on the film – share in the comment box below!
Phone: +44(0) 783 778 8646
CONNECT WITH US!